Enjoy a guided tour through Barcelona’s famous Sagrada Familia cathedral, known for its unique architecture, ornate adornments, and Christian imagery.
Days of operation: Wednesdays and Saturdays
Starting time: 12:00 h (we recommend arriving 15 minutes earlier)
Duration: 2.5 hours
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 3-11
- Infant Ages 0-2
Visit Cibeles Palace and Retiro Park
More than 400 years old, the Retiro Park is the most important green area in Madrid and your visit to the Spanish capital will not be complete without a walk through this wonderful green lung located in the center of the city.
You will start the walking tour with a visit to the Cibeles Palace. This beautiful building, located at the intersection of Paseo del Prado and Calle Alcalá, was built in what at that time were the Jardines del Buen Retiro. You will enter with the guide and after getting to know the interior, from its rooftop you will enjoy an incredible view of the Gran Vía. You won’t forget the image of Madrid that you will have from this point, don’t forget your camera!
Then you will go up Alcalá Street to enter Retiro Park. In the 17th century, the Count-Duke of Olivares designed a space for the recreation of the king and his court, giving rise to the Jardines del Buen Retiro. In 1868 it became a municipal park and since then many elements have been added to its heritage. The guide will show you and explain the historical context behind the park’s most outstanding attractions. You can marvel at the size of the “Big Pond” be dazzled by the beauty of the “Crystal Palace”, contemplate the “Fountain of the Galapagos” or discover the legend of the statue of the “Fallen Angel”
Lose yourself in its beautiful places, surrounded by trees and animals and discover why this park is called “Madrid’s lung”.
At the end of the tour you can stay in the park as it has many corners where you can sit down to rest and take a break from the “stress” of the city. If you choose the Combo option, you will have some free time before meeting the guide again at Prado Museum. You will discover the most important workarts in this museum from the hand of an expert guide.
- Access to the terrace roof of the Cibeles Palace
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance to the Prado Museum (if you choose this option)
- Drinks and Food
- Get to know the interior of the old Madrid Post Office building and contemplate the views of Madrid’s oldest street, the Gran Vía, from its rooftop.
- See the Retiro pond that was built by order of Philip IV to recreate naval battles in it
- Admire the beauty of the Crystal Palace and discover why it resembles a greenhouse.
- Discover the symbolism hidden in the statue of the Fallen Angel and why it is situated at 666 metres above sea level