Skip the lines and get inside one of the most memorable royal castles in Europe, the Royal Palace of Madrid, with this afternoon tour.
Days of operation:
until 31st May: Saturdays
from June 1st: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
The meeting points are:
Until May 31st
Royal Palace: 08:30h in Plaza Isabel II, metro exit Opera, next to the statue of Isabel II
Prado Museum: 17:15h (or 16:15 from April 1st) at the statue of Velázquez, on the side of the Museo del Prado, located in Paseo del Prado s/n
From June 1st
Prado Museum: 9:45h at the statue of Velázquez, on the side of the Museo del Prado, located in Paseo del Prado s/n
Royal Palace: 14:45h in Plaza Isabel II, metro exit Opera, next to the statue of Isabel II
(we recommend to be there 15 minutes before for check in)
Duration: Prado Museum- 2 Hours, Royal Palace – 1.5 Hours
Take this one-day tour filled with art and culture!
This one-day tour takes you to the best cultural attractions in Madrid, the Prado Museum and the Royal Palace.
In the morning we will visit the National Museum of Art. At the Prado Museum, you will learn about the history of the museum as you walk around admiring its works of art. Explore the halls and galleries with your guide, and learn all the secrets about the artists and their work.
In the afternoon, visit one of the most important royal palaces in Europe, the Royal Palace of Madrid, which used to be the residence of the Spanish Royal Family. Today, it is used exclusively for receptions, ceremonies and official events. The Royal Palace is also called Palacio de Oriente, due to its proximity to the Plaza de Oriente, which is on the eastern (orient) side of the palace. Our visit includes a tour of the main rooms of the Royal Palace, such as the Arms Square, the Throne Room, the Gala Banquet Hall or the Royal Chapel.
Enjoy these two important buildings in Madrid and learn about the city’s history with our local guide.
Our visit also includes a tour of the following areas:
- Official Lounges: Grandiose, well preserved and stylish, each room has its own personality.
- Royal Armouries: Armor, shields, and weapons of all kinds are part of this collection, one of the most important in the world.
- Royal Pharmacy: Hundreds of bottles of different shapes and sizes that take us on a trip back in time.
(Please note: the Royal Palace has the right to close due to an official event.)
- Tickets to Prado Museum and Royal Palace
- Bilingual guide (simultaneously in English and Spanish)
- Optional tips
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- “Las Meninas” by Velázquez
- Visit an old royal residence
- Enjoy the views of the city from Plaza de Oriente