Visita Toledo y Segovia en un recorrido donde podrás admirar los principales atractivos de estas dos ciudades, y descubre porqué estos destinos son de los más visitados en España.
Days of operation: Thursdays and Sundays
Starting time: 7:45 h (we recommend arriving 15 minutes earlier)
Duration: 11 hours
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 3-11
- Infant Ages 0-2
Visit Cuenca and Toledo
First of all, we will take the bus in Madrid and we will go to our first destination, Cuenca. Our professional guide will take you through the historic centre, explaining more about the events that have taken place in this city over the centuries. You can observe the Castle whose first construction dates from the time of Arab domination, and going down Trabuco Street you can see the incredible views of the Huécar and Júcar gorges with the Parador de Cuenca on top of the hill. Passing by the Church of San Pedro, we will arrive at the Plaza Mayor and from there you will be able to approach the Cathedral, of neogothic style. When the guided tour is over you will have free time to enjoy the beautiful landscape formed by the hanging houses and take pictures before returning to the bus. You will discover all the secrets of this incredible city.
The second stop will be in Toledo, this city, embraced by the Tajo River, owes part of its historical importance to this geographical position. In this city, Muslims, Jews and Christians lived in harmony, and with the help of your guide you will discover the vestiges of these cultures that were scattered throughout the city. Upon arrival you will have some free time to try some of Toledo’s gastronomic specialties on your own and right after that you will start the walking tour at Plaza de Zocodover, the heart of the city, and from there you will pass by the most important points such as Calle Comercio, the Cathedral, Santo Tomé or Santa María la Blanca. You will finish at the San Martín bridge and then stop briefly at the Mirador del Valle, an incredible place where you will be able to observe all the Toledo city. You won’t forget the image of this amazing city surrounded by the river. Then, we will take the bus to return to Madrid, where you could rest until arrive to the capital of Spain.
There is no doubt that this is a tour where you will learn a lot about history, architecture, and construction on your visit to Madrid, It’s your opportunity to visit two spectacular cities in just one day!
- Transportation in an air conditioned vehicle from meeting point in Madrid and back
- Bilingual guide (simultaneously in English and Spanish)
- Tickets to the monuments
- Food & drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Surprise yourself with the hanging houses of Cuenca, beautiful balconies of gothic architecture hanging over a cliff.
- Discover the first gothic cathedral built in Castile, the Cathedral of Cuenca.
- See the “Parador de Cuenca” a 16th century monastery on the edge of the cliff made by the river “Huécar”.
- Take photos of the San Martin bridge, which was destroyed by the architect’s wife so that he could redo the project that was wrong.
- Walk through the streets of Toledo’s historic centre where Jews, Muslims and Christians once lived together.